It has been so lovely to welcome our year 4 children back to school. The children have settled brilliantly into their new classes and have enjoyed making new friends. This week, the children have been introduced to exciting new topics such as Prehistoric Britain in history and animals in French. In maths, we have been recapping our place value knowledge, ready for the year ahead. In English, we have been enjoying a range of texts and have worked on writing fantastic sentences.
In art, the children have been working on portraits and have used careful sketching and shading to draw portrait’s of the inspirational person for their class. Take a look at some of these amazing examples.
In PSHE, the children have been learning about British values of democracy, tolerance, liberty, respect and rule of law. They have used their hands as a template to create a beautiful image to represent these values.
We have had a wonderful first full week in year 4! Here are some useful reminders for the year ahead:
- Please can all PE kit and school uniform have your child’s name in
- Reading journals will be checked on Mondays
- Please hand in home learning on Thursdays
- Spellings will be tested on Fridays
- Remember to use SPARX regularly to learn your times tables